Better living through bowling

Sunday, October 02, 2005

There can be only one!

The Condiment threw down a virtual gauntlet a few posts back, and then just as quickly virtually withdrew the challenge to a erstwhile rival blof "Bowlarama" created by impatient me, Theorris Boonasty. Now being the passive-aggressive son-of-a-bitch that I am (who really likes to hyphenate) I left it up for a few days to see if I could goad The Condiment into some sort of blogging rivalry (something akin to what exists between The Dude's team and The Jesus's team in The Big Lebowski ) but since we're all bowlers here, I decided it was best just to let the issue slide and mark it a zero. There's no room for rivalry in this game!

So Bowlarama is no more. You will be pleased, however, that it has been replaced by Disc-a-rama, a site devoted to Disc Golf and Disc Golf Accesories. I trust that The Condiment will link to the new sister site of a sister sport (both in the throwing nature of it and the fact that you can drink beer while playing them). The stites still share the same look and feel, so you needn't be frightened to go there. It really is safe, even if the odd hippy or two might show up.

Bowlarama, how I loved thee, but The Bowling Syndicate is unstopable. Here, by the way, are all the relevant posts from Bowlarama:


Around 8:30 last nightthe other night, the Late JC announced that he and June Bug (his new girl friend) were going to Sue Rich Lanes down on 39th South here in good old SLC. At this point I was dead tired. I'd been up since 5 after having stayed up way too late the night before (not bowling).

"I'm too tired to bowl," I said passing them on the stairs. I am stunned that such a pathetic phrase ever left my mouth.

Too tired to bowl? That's like being too tired to breath.

-----------------

Ode to Glory:
We were the best damn team
That no one had ever heard of.
The guys who always Never got the girls.

The newspaper regaled our triumph,
Right after the obituaries.

So, after I'm gone, in my memory
Lay a six-pack and a carton of smokes
At the tomb of this unknown bowler.
--J.A. Vanek

-------------------

"One advantage of golf over bowling is that you never lose a bowling ball. " --Don Carter

"I haven't had sex in eight months. To be honest, I now prefer to go bowling. " --Lil' Kim

"Having a family is like having a bowling alley installed in your head. " --Martin Mull

3 Comments:

Blogger Condiment said...

This is terrible, Theorris. Without your rivalry, we shall grow complacent...and corpulent...and reticent...and lame. Without you to push us I fear the worst.

Now that you have joined the Syndicate you account for about 40% of its posts. Could this be a brilliant Sun Tzu manouevre (British spelling)--something akin to absorbing your opponent and then disbanding? What better way to weaken your enemy than by making them dependent on you?

All worries aside, welcome aboard, Sir Boonasty. I hope I have not misread your intentions. If so, then call me an optimist, call me a fool. I believe in the conflict-resolving power of bowling. Laugh. Go ahead. Bowling heals.

8:20 AM PDT

 
Blogger Condiment said...

BTW, that Lil Kim quote is the absolute best! Yeeee-uh!

8:24 AM PDT

 
Blogger Clint Gardner said...

Ah hah! You have spotted mmy whiley ways! Damn you meddling kids!

Actually I really do wish to have a shrine to my and Karmaking's thoughts on disc golfing. It is the other white meat, after all (bowling being the other one).

9:27 AM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home